The Art of the Start
Guy Kawasaki‘s best seller “The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything” is a fantastic book that is required reading of all of our entrepreneurial clients.
This powerful, yet practical, book reminds me of several important “truths” about entrepreneurship and has inspired my development of several others. While there are many things that can make a measurable difference in your business success, the following 7 UpwardAction® Truths are essential to building sustainable business profitability.
- Accelerated, sustainable growth requires you to create a powerful compelling vision of success for your business and write it down.
- Creating S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals designed to make your vision a reality is the best way to reach your desired level of sustainable business growth, faster.
- Taking time to develop a business plan (even a one-pager) that includes success milestones is important for keeping your business on track for accelerated success.
- Developing a powerful brand that reflects your “authentic” self is important for building loyalty with your clients and customers.
- Creating a powerful brand requires you to be clear about what is unique and special about your business. At UpwardAction®, we call this your Unique Business Position. Make sure you can clearly articulate what separates you from your competition in 10 words or less – with NO jargon!
- Leverage is the secret to accomplishing more in less time. Taking time to develop a committed and engaged virtual team is essential to building sustainable business success that allows you to enjoy your ideal lifestyle.
- UpwardAction® is the most important step you take for accelerated success! Stop making excuses, perfecting and procrastinating and start moving.
© 2007-2008 UpwardAction LLC All rights reserved in all media.