Celebrating the Independence of Entrepreneurship
The Fourth of July weekend presents a wonderful opportunity to reflect upon the blessings of independence and freedom that I enjoy as an entrepreneur. I take this time to (i) think about what has bought success thus far and (ii) get clear about the exact actions I need to take for success in the second half of the year.
Here’s what experience has taught me to be true about entrepreneurial success. I hope you’ll find this short list informative and useful as your celebrate whatever independence means to you independence or work to make independence a reality in your life.
- Faith in God is the foundation upon which all independence and success is built.
- Mentors will show up in what appears to be just the nick of time. Take care of them!
- Know your value. If you do not demand to be fully compensated for your value, you will not be fully compensated for your value.
- Do not be afraid to lose a prospective client who will not pay for your services, you are only making room for your ideal paying clients.
- Build in time for pro bono work and gratis client development work. It’s important to give back to the community and build relationships with prospective clients. Refuse to do free work beyond your pro bono and gratis client development work time allotments.
- Time is an entrepreneur’s most valuable asset. Do not waste it on things that do not add value.
- Beware of “time drains” disguised as “opportunities.”
- Acknowledge the fear and do it anyway.
- Mentors and friends who inspire, encourage and share wisdom are to be treasured.
- Family and friends who provide support and encouragement must be affirmatively thanked and shown appreciation.
- Learn to live with rejection, so it doesn’t stop you, but work like heck to make accelerated success a reality.
- It is not really about you; so, don’t take “it” personally. Keep taking UpwardAction®.
- Every morning is a blessing that presents new opportunities for success. Stay inspired.
The independence of entrepreneurship is a privilege that results from focus, hard work, determination, diligence, passion to the point of obsession, faith and favor. To endure the test of time, our independence must be treasured, nurtured and defended. True entrepreneurial independence may require extreme sacrifice and is not for the faint of heart; however, it bring a joy that feeds the heart and fuels the soul.
Thanks to the power of social media and online marketing, UpwardAction® continues to enjoy the fruits of entrepreneurial independence. To learn how you can incorporate social media and online marketing into your business, check out our online business blueprint. It will transform your business and quite possibly your life.
I’d love to hear what you know to be true about entrepreneurial success. Share your comments below!
Play to Win!
Tasha “TC” Cooper Coleman, is an attorney, branding strategist and online marketing coach. She is also the CEO of UpwardAction®, an agency that helps professional service firms and growth stage companies develop compelling online messages and leverage the power of social marketing to generate business. She can be reached at CoachTC@UpwardAction.com or 1 (800) 753-6576.