40 Days of Opportunity …
Today is the day Christians around the world begin the 40 day season of Lent as we prepare for the earthly death and subsequent resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Some of my FB & Twitter friends are Christians who use this time and their sacrifice of desires for spiritual renewal; others are non-religious people who use this time to increase their levels of discipline, focus and commitment.
Whichever description best fits you, Lent offers an opportunity to focus on being your absolute best self in a way that increases your joy while adding value to the lives around you.
Here’s what I’m up to for the next 40 days:
1. Living by a schedule that includes a specific bedtime and wake up time. I’m looking forward to see what changes –if any- result from 40 nights of proper sleep.
2. 2.5 miles on the treadmill every morning. My AM workout schedule has been haphazard for the past 30 days since I’ve been without my trainer. Looking forward to getting back in the groove with a consistent plan of action.
3. Finishing my bible study by 5 every morning and ending it with a specific prayer for someone in my family or online community. An early bible study finish provides an opportunity to reflect on the word during my AM working – and ample time to post my thoughts on Facebook. I’m looking forward to it.
4. Writing at least 750 words every single day.
5. Completely giving up meat until Easter.
There you have my commitments for the next 40 days.
Now it’s your turn.
What will you commit to do, to create a better you?
**hope you appreciated my rhyme :)**